hair, clothing, interior and events styled by bobbie yanoupeth








Sunday, September 27, 2009

absolutely dapper

before (we just finished her weave). . .

after!





Shana and I sat next to each other on the first day of school and hit it off from that moment. Anything that I need, she is there for me without a question. Just like this photoshoot. Well... I tricked her actually. Because I told her that I would do her weave... but since she was here, we barricaded the door and forced her to get dressed up! She didn't put up much of a fight.

Shana is super sweet and likes to keep things simple. This translates into her personal style as well. She is a t-shirt and jeans kinda gal and doesn't wear a stick of make-up, EVER! So I decided for her look, we were channeling the early days of Coco Chanel. She would pair men's riding trousers with a silk blouses. Or structured blazer with ball gowns. I love the contrast of feminine lines with hard structure. Women can look absolutely gorgeous in men's wear.

Hairstyle:

I gave Shana a full headed weave. You don't have to do this, but we were already planning on doing it before I decided to do this shoot. I curled her hair with a 1 inch curling iron and pin curled it after. Some may wonder why do i do this step so often, because it keeps the hair curled and volumized longer. After Daeng applied her make-up, I took out all the pins. Clipped on some golden blonde hair underneath a track, because she wouldn't wear it on a daily basis. Though I needed to break up the black for this photoshoot. I sprayed Regis volumizing spray and then started teasing all over. I made a deep part for the front section and did a two strand braid along the right side. I took the left side and wrapped it around to the back and did a low side-ponytail at the base of the neck. I continued teasing the ponytail to create a large strategically messy ball. I love having smooth lines and contrasting it with what I call, "organized chaos."

4 comments:

  1. Shana looks amazing! Who's been doing the photography? Good job! I love everything that she has on! Waddup Shana!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you sista. the photography has been a combination of daeng and myself... we are just starting and don't know of any great photography. it's looking okay so far i think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow bobbie, she looks awesome. her hair, her make up, her outfit and the photography are A++++++! and i love love LOVE that hat you made! dude you never cease to impress me. ahhh i'm such a fan!!

    ReplyDelete