hair, clothing, interior and events styled by bobbie yanoupeth








Monday, September 7, 2009

oh how these kids grow up so fast...


Since I moved out here to New York, I have met so many people and some of them have become fixtures in my life.

For instance, Cynthia. When I originally met her, she only believed in lycra spandex (jk, but serious at the same time). In the past three and a half years, she has evolved and been more adventurous in her clothing and adapted a more confident and glamorous attitude. Wherever this new woman has emerged from, we love it and I love you Cynthia!

Hair Style:
Cynthia has naturally curly hair and tons of it. I prepped the hair with gel to get it sticky, so i can get a good grip on it. With a paddle brush, I pulled everything to the side and tied it (she has so much hair that we had to use 4 hair ties). With a 11/2 inch curling iron, start curling 1 inch sections of the hair. Roll and pin the hair in a circular pattern. I normally pin bigger sections for the bottom to create a stronger base and build smaller curls on top to cover it. There is no right or wrong way, just do it by eye and what you think looks amazing. I finished it with a finishing spray (a lot of it, I had to even pull out Aquanet because humidity in New York isn't too kind to curly hair). And lastly, I did a light mist of oil sheen to make it more sleek.

1 comment:

  1. I love this picture, Cynthia looks SOO pretty! I love the makeup and the bun!

    ReplyDelete