hair, clothing, interior and events styled by bobbie yanoupeth








Sunday, September 27, 2009

i wish i was michelle!




photography: Bobbie Yanoupeth and Matt Nuccio

Michelle Reyes is one of the most incredible people I know. She moves through life with such elegance and beauty, even through the most trying times. She's an amazing mother, a great friend, super creative and makes the most amazing things... This girl would put Martha Stewart to shame. I always told to her, "if i were a girl, i would want to be just like you!"

When I asked her if she would be a model for my portfolio, she enthusiastically said "YES!" I had so many ideas and wanted to create all these different looks, but at the end, I decided I wanted to recreate her wedding photos. Reason being, I knew that she wasn't so crazy about how she looked that day (even though she looked freaking amazing).

Hairstyle:
I started off by applying Regis pomade. I then pin curled all of her hair after curling it with a 1 inch curling iron. I let it cool down for about a half an hour as I steamed her dress. I then made 2 french braids along her front hairline. I teased all of the crown section, leaving a 2 inch section in the front alone, later this will be used to cover the section which was backcombed. I then applied a little medium hold spray by Design Line on the front section, and loosely combed it back with my fingers. I pinned some of the pieces into the pompadour to help the curls from falling apart. I tied the remainder of the hair at the lower occipital bone. I took some extensions and wrapped it around the ponytail and created a simple chignon!!!!! This look is more natural and organic, I added a flower to the side of her hair-do to give a little color and compliment it. Finish it off with a final spray

2 comments: