hair, clothing, interior and events styled by bobbie yanoupeth








Sunday, September 13, 2009

every girl wants a little glamour in her life












Yohko is my upstairs neighbor and is super cute!!!! She was gracious enough to model for me aside from her super busy schedule. Originally I wanted to do her photo shoot in a studio next month, but she is actually gonna be shooting a film all of next month. So I insisted that we did an inpromtu photo session because I wanted to have the chance to glam her up.
Fortunately for me she was totally game. Yohko's personal style is very cute, casual, and understated. She normally wears her hair down and straight, and not much makeup. So for this make-over, we went the opposite direction.
Hair Style:
Just like many Asian people, Yohko has really straight and thick hair. Which normally presents an obstacle when trying to curl or style it in anyway. My answer for this, become bestfriends with hair spray. I used Regis Design Line "Volumizing Spray." Spraying all throughout the hair to create a texture so its playable. I back-combed (teased) the crown section, leaving the bangs out. Lightly comb the bangs over the Pompadour afterwards to finish the top section and pin it together in the back with a couple of bobby pins. Pull the rest of the hair into three separate ponytails right on top of each other along her occipital area. I curled the pony tail with a 1 1/2 inch curling iron. Lightly backcomb subsections and roll and pin them into place. Finish off with a mist of spray again.

5 comments:

  1. these pictures remind me of Kate Spades newest ad spreads. looks beautiful.
    xoxo
    laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful job bro! once again you nail it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love her hair. You have to do my hair when you're in town!! Miss you. -Nancy S.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i really like this updo. it sounds pretty simple to recreate!! i love that!

    ReplyDelete