hair, clothing, interior and events styled by bobbie yanoupeth








Monday, September 7, 2009

our first photoshoot
















Here is my first photo shoot with my wonderful cousin Daeng, who allowed me to play dress up with her.

Color:
We started off by doing a three-step dye job on her hair. First foiling hair lightener through out her hair (which was a natural black). Then doing an all over color (we used a Matrix Soco Color 7A with a 30 volume developer). What you achieve by doing this process, is having a base color with subtle highlights that will add depth to the hair. And then we did more highlights with the lightener afterwards to add more color to break up the the hair.

Hair Style:
We shall call this look "Beyonce." I achieved this look by evenly applying pomade throughout her towel dried hair. Starting from underneath the hair and working our way up. I then rolled her hair in a combination of pink sponge rollers and pink perm rods. Alternating between the two allowed us to have different textures in the curls and creating more body. After a quick blow dry, I took out the rollers and combed the hair out with my fingers.
Teased the roots and did one cornrow across the front to add a solid structure amongst the chaos or curls.

3 comments:

  1. what a fierce photo shoot! I'm especially loving the first picture!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love your comments on the process and why you chose to do the color with the prehighlight. great blog!

    ReplyDelete