hair, clothing, interior and events styled by bobbie yanoupeth








Saturday, September 19, 2009

A picnic in Paris...







I love Gregory Peck and Cary Grant... these are strong, dazzling, and leading men of the 1940's. Men, who I as a young lady dreamt of as my leading man... LOL!

Scene: I am alone in Paris after a flopped fashion line, and my long time lover left me. I am totally distraught, but still glamorous as ever. I bump into this handsome and mysterious stranger at a cafe, on a rainy day. We converse, and hit it off. We have an intense affair throughout this romantic city. Picnics, cafes, ballets, fashion shows and weekend trips to Capri. We fall madly in love and he saves my broken heart and basically my life.

I always imagined myself as a Judy Garland or a Veronica Lake character, but with dark hair. Hair is always intact, clothes are well fitted and pressed. Make-up and skin, is flawless. A soft but strong character, who is well poised and graceful. Obviously I could never be her, so I turned Daeng into her today (God bless her heart for putting up with me).

Hairstyle:
Everything in the 40's was about being glamorous. Flowy waves, and perfectly pinned curls. I started off by spraying her hair with Regis Volumizing Spray, so her hair would hold the curls and be playable. I took my 1 1/4 curling iron and curled the hair at a 90 degree angle. I pinned curled 2 inch sections. Once finished with the whole head, I let it cool down for 20 minutes (this helps the curls to last all day and also gives maximum volume). Then I took everything down. I carefully manipulated the curls with a paddle brush, so that it all flowed together. Sectioned the front pieces in three and rolled pinned them away from the face and into a pattern I liked. I pinned them with 2 Bobby Pins each, making an "X" formation for more security.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, I'm loving this sista! Your story was very vivid. Sista Daeng looks incredibly beautiful! Keep up the great work with your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bobby you are so talented. Daeng looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. good job bobbie, i am impressed.
    boris

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG I love it! Daeng looks soo fabulous!

    ReplyDelete