hair, clothing, interior and events styled by bobbie yanoupeth








Saturday, September 19, 2009

haircut done a few months back, but she's too cute to be left out

in the beginning ...


... this is at 3am

after!

My little cousin Sandy, is the most sweet and sincere person. She won't say much, but you will always hear her giggle. She was here a few months ago helping me out by orchestrating this extravagant surprise birthday party for Daeng (our other cousin and a permanent fixture on my blog).

She has super long hair and her ends were all lightened by heat damage. She decided to take a seat in my chair and allowed me the honor of giving her a little haircut.

Color:
To blend some of her pre-existing color and to liven the cut a little, we broke it up with highlights. I first started by lifting her hair color with Goldwell 4A with a 30 volume developer since she is naturally a level 2. I wanted a rich natural brown without too much red undertone. I then came back with a lightener, mixed with 20 volume developer to give some subtle highlights. I normally don't fuss with a toner afterwards, because if you watch it carefully, you can control the levels and Goldwell colors tend to tone itself.

Hairstyle:
She has long and super thick hair. To achieve this Angle Forward Bob, we had to create volume and depth. I started off by hacking almost 6 inches right off the bat. Then I cut the back section right at the nape and slowly start angling the cut downwards as you come past the ear. This part you can go as subtle or dramatic as you want. For Sandy, we made it a little longer to compliment her heart shaped face.
Afterwards, I went through out the hair and did a twist cut and razor like cut with my shears through out to remove bulk and to give her volume. Gave her swooped bangs by slicing downwards and then point-cutting afterwards to break it up.
Finished the style by putting a little Matrix Smoothing Serum through out the hair and blowing it out with a 1 1/2 round brush.

No comments:

Post a Comment