hair, clothing, interior and events styled by bobbie yanoupeth








Thursday, October 1, 2009

just like the movies





As I mentioned before, I absolutely love old movies. The women were always super glamorous, no matter what the situation was. They could be taking out the trash, but their hair will be perfectly intact and wearing the most impossibly stunning gown while doing it! Who lives like this. It's a sick portrayal of life, but I love it!!!!!!!

Michelle Reyes again starred in this little photo session of ours. I followed her as she did her house keeping in a green chiffon dress and pearls. Hair in sleek finger-waves and curls, while being adorned by a matching velvet band and some peacock feathers.

Honestly, she did run around doing some chores while she was all dressed up. She even changed Nicco's poopy diaper while she was all dazzling. LOL! And really, people should start dressing up more like this. Everything you do looks so much better while you are in your finest.

Hairstyle:
I curled her hair with a 1 inch curling iron and then pin curled everything. The hair cooled as she applied her makeup and served her son some lunch. I then took everything down and brushed it lightly. I put a ton of gel on the crown section of her hair and then combed it in. I like to use Got2Be "kicked up hard jelly." I sprayed the hair with my spray bottle to dilute the gel a little, because you don't want it super sticky, but playable. I then did a deep part. You wanna start combing everything on that one side that you are working on, into a "C" formation. You then push up the tail end of the "C" formation and pinch it in between you fingers, hence the name "finger-waves." You are creating a ridge. You comb the hair underneath the ridge in the opposite direction, making a backwards "C." And keep alternating this. I only did her crown section. Let it set and dry. I combed the rest into curled groupings. I tied a velvet string around her head and tucked some peacock feather in on the side. And of course, one last final spray!!!!!!
For an instant look... I put it into a side pontail and wrapped the hair into a messy bun. I also threw a black feather clip on the opposite side of the bun.

1 comment:

  1. bobbo, this is the old classic hairstyle I wanted for my wedding!!! this blog is absolutely amazing! i'm so proud of you. are you showing this to some stylists and magazing peeps? salon hair shows? get out there boiiii! straight up J-Lao. better of course. looooove it and loooooove you even more!

    ReplyDelete