hair, clothing, interior and events styled by bobbie yanoupeth








Friday, October 23, 2009

my little work space


Do you see who is on the cover of my GQ?

I remember when school dances came around, I use to convert my bedroom into a little makeshift hair studio. LOL! We are talking about a 6'X'8 bedroom. I would have about 10 girls lined up for the day, but there would be normally 3 girls there at one time. All sitting on my full size bed. Rubber bands, curling irons, bobby pins, everything spilled everywhere! What a disastrous scene. But the hair was always together at the end.

My cousin is one of my biggest supporters. So when we came out to New York three years ago, she encouraged me to create a space for my work. So with the help of my boyfriend, and a gorgeous mirror from my friend Michelle, I have my own little studio!!!!!

It has made all the difference. When prepping the models, doing my clients hair, or just dressing Daeng up, it's been so much more fun and easier. I feel like a real stylist! I am not that little girl any more, I am a grown woman now!!!!!

5 comments:

  1. Bah toh! You have my husband's GQ magazine- I'll be sure to tell him :P

    I love your hair studio- its so fun to get ready there. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg you are too cute! lol grown woman!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha sis, grown woman! I'm not mad at you at all. That sounds like something my ass would say. Remember, I was the first one to sit on that chair!!!! I got pics to prove lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bobbie, you're so amazing. It's fantastic to see how much you've accomplished since we last saw one another. How inspiring!

    Let me know when you are free to meet up in the city. I'm in the heart of midterms (yuck), and it's not going to slow down until finals (double yuck). But I'm always down to catch up!

    p.s. Can you pencil me in for a haircut one of these days? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sooo proud of my babo-yah! finally coming out into the fashion scene. just simply breathtaking and I love that you're doing ethnic and black hair. i'm so excited and in awe that you got to be part of the thurgood marshall show. was that through your school? what amazing experience you're building love. I have a contact that goes to nyc and oversees the 5 page shoots for nordstrom ads for magazines. i'm going to ask her if somehow you could observe, be an errand girl or perhaps even assist!! omg, i'll let you know... I am just glowing here knowing that you're shining your gorgeous lao light and luving the limelight girl. when can jahyoo meet uncle bobo! love love love your courage and amazing brilliance!

    ReplyDelete