hair, clothing, interior and events styled by bobbie yanoupeth








Thursday, October 29, 2009

happy halloween!!!!





Every year Empire Beauty School does their annual Halloween themed competition. I entered last year when I first started school and won 1st place! I was so ecstatic about it, but the moment was kind of dampened by stipulation from other students that I may have cheated. Something about me not doing the work at school, and that I may not have done the actual work myself. There was talk of whether or not to revoke my trophy even!

This year, I wasn't sure if I would do it again because of last year, but at the end, with the encouragement and support from my friends, I said why not. So I made sure to do everything at school this time. So this Tuesday, I did cornrows on my mannequin. On Wednesday, I constructed my braided tree stump and branches. And today, I spent an hour doing all the little details that would make it festive. Like the tombstome made of hair, the hanging spiders, and all the leaves. I finished just in time and awaited their judgement...

AND I WON 1ST PLACE AGAIN! YAY!!!!!! 2nd year in a row!

3 comments:

  1. congrats. i knew you would win again bobbie. you are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. simply amazing! i thought you had gone to a hair show before i realized you did that yourself. so great. hope to see you at the market this saturday. i have a pie with your name on it.

    ReplyDelete