hair, clothing, interior and events styled by bobbie yanoupeth








Sunday, October 25, 2009

honoring the legacy of thurgood marshall

Thurgood Marshall
they were still building the stage back stage before i had sweat out my hair
Ira!!! my fierce snowboarding Russian
for the Project Runway junkies, it's Amerie, a model from this season
Rocky, the hardest working model!

Mr. Sam Fine with Neci!!!

Thurgood Marshall revolutionized the school system and made such an impact in the justice system. He overcame adversity and climbed his way to become one of the most successful judges in the supreme court. Throughout his whole life he had fought and we have all benefited greatly from it.

Every year they host a fashion show in honor of Mr. Thurgood Marshall and his college fund. This year, I was so blessed to be apart of the event. It was such a great experience and I met so many great people. It gave me a first-hand experience of fashion shows and the beautiful chaos behind it.

Through out the night, there were many honorees. Among the pack, Naomi Campbell was a recipient of the 2009 Fashion Icon Award, and Michael Jackson's brother, Marlon Jackson, excepted an AvantGarde Award in his honor.

We had 40 gorgeous models, and I was able to work on 9 of them. All of them were super sweet and I had my favorites by the end of the night (hence the pictures above). They too, helped give me insight on the fashion scene, and on own their lives as well. If you thought modeling was just playing dress up and looking fabulous all the time... it's not, it's one of the toughest hustles.

And of course, the FASHION!!! There were so many amazing pieces, and unfortunately I didn't get to capture all of it on camera. Amsale had a beautiful wedding line, Kai Milla (Stevie Wonder's wife) played with textures and muted colors that still stood out so well, and Ana Segura's swimsuits were so romantic, flattering, but still oober sexy!!! But the highlight, was Russel Simmons's Argyle line... yes the clothes was fierce, but the men were so GORGEOUS!

2 comments:

  1. Wow Bobbie! I can't wait to see the pics from the show!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww I love it! Amerie! I can't wait to see the pix too!

    ReplyDelete