hair, clothing, interior and events styled by bobbie yanoupeth








Saturday, October 10, 2009

losing things, doesn't mean that you have to lose yourself. . .






Because of circumstances, I lived in 4 different states before I was 5. I attended 2 different elementary schools, 4 middle schools, 1 high school, and 3 colleges. I have more mailing addresses than some people have shoes in a lifetime!
When I was younger it was difficult. I felt as though I was being ripped out from my setting and cheated out of my childhood. I was constantly leaving behind friends, toys, favorite blankies, and essentially; apart of myself. I had to constantly start over. It became too tiring to be miserable over lost things. So I decided that I wasn't gonna feel sorry for myself and make the best of my situation.

As I got older, I learned how to appreciate my experiences. I was able to meet so many different people, I saw the country, I was allotted the opportunity to be exposed to so many different cultures. At the end, it made me who I am . . . and it also brought me to New York.
Starring: Daeng B., playing ME!
Hairstyle:
This super easy!!!! I prepped the hair by spraying her hair with Regis "volumizing spray." I made the loose waves by wrapping locks of hair around a 1 1/2 inch curling iron for a few seconds. Don't clamp it down. I then let it drop. I sprayed her hair again once I was finished. I made sure to tease her hair underneath, all the way to the crown of her head. I combed over the front part of her hair and smooth everything out. I grabbed her bangs and twisted it and pinned it back with 2 bobby pins. I took a butterfly and pinned it to her hair just for a little fun detail.

4 comments:

  1. i was bummed when you left me. i had no one to play with. it was always you and me at the apartment. however, i'm glad we were reunited this past summer. best summer ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sis, i love your work, it's very *in that voice* avant garde! I'm so happy that you are doing something that you are so passionate about. love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you for all the support everybody. it means alot when i hear feedback from you guys. stay posted cause there is more to come!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bobbie I love the story for this! I too incorporate a lot of childhood stories in my work. Love it, and I think I will also love New York!

    ReplyDelete