hair, clothing, interior and events styled by bobbie yanoupeth








Sunday, October 18, 2009

you don't always have to play nice




Photography by: Daeng Boonmanee

These two are horrible to each other. They are constantly bickering and cutting each other down. I spend about 4 hours a day with these two, and maybe 5 minutes of those 4 hours, they are actually nice to each other or it is silent. . . And that's only because one person left to use the powder room.

Which is what made it fun to pair them together for this photo shoot!

Hairstyle:
I weaved hair extensions for both Tyrone and Chantelle. Those who know them would ask why, because both of them have such beautiful and thick hair. I only did it for the drama and to also get instant color to break things up a little.

Why not just color their hair? Color can be a tricky thing with relaxed hair, because if it isn't done carefully. . . You won't be washing out just color, but all their hair!

I braided both of their hair into cornrows. It doesn't matter too much the pattern, because it's how you stitch it that makes the impact. But it does help to make the cornrows as small as possible so the hair lays flat. Remember to leave the edges out, you want to conceal the tracks of hair and to make it look realistic as possible. I then layered the hair by slice-cutting panels of hair. If you want the hair to flow naturally, grab the panels vertically instead of horizontally.

Tyrone: I used Regis "Pomade" and applied it through out his hair before styling. I took a flat iron and curled the top portion of his hair inwards. The back, I flipped up so that it would flow into his Mohawk. I sprayed "Volumizing Spray" by Regis. I teased all of his hair to build volume. I then smoothed out pieces with my fingers to finish the look.

Chantelle: I applied Regis "Pomade" through out her hair as well. I then curled her hair with a 1/2 inch curling iron and stretched the hair before I released the clamp to make a wave instead of a curl. I then spayed Regis "Medium Flexible Hold" hairspray and teased her hair. I swooped everything to one side and secured the back with bobby pin by crossing them in a "X" pattern.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE HIS HAIR!!!!!! and location!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gawd! you guys are beautiful. great work, as always, bobby.
    xo
    laura

    ReplyDelete