hair, clothing, interior and events styled by bobbie yanoupeth








Sunday, November 8, 2009

dress up your own way







Photo By: Tony Lapid and Daeng Boonmanee

Tyrone and Chantelle are super cute, yes we know, but they have their own style. I though it would have been fun to dress them up a little but infuse their style with it as well. Tyrone kept warning me from the jump, that this was not his aesthetic at all, but I reassured him that he will be fine. By then end, he tried to run off to the club with the outfit on. Chantelle on the other hand was excited the minute I pulled the dress out. She immediately equated sparkles=glamour. At the end, she looked absolutely divine.

The Hairstyles:

Tyrone and Chantelle are both wearing the same weaves that I had done in the earlier pictures.

This time for Tyrone, I smoothed his hair out with a flat iron. I applied Regis Pomade in his hair and tousled it with my fingers a bit. Pulling pieces randomly and playing with it till I felt comfortable. Yes his hair cut is a little edgier, but I wanted to create a more modern come-over to fit his look for the day. So we swept it over, but didn't make it perfectly done. And for the back, I curled the mohawk under. I finished the look by spraying Regis Volumizing Spray for a firm hold.

Chantelle's hair is in bohemian curls. With the dress and the rabbit fur coat, I thought about Beyonce. I gave her higher layers to create more volume and so there also wouldn't be so much weight on the bottom. I defined her curls with some Olive Oil Sheen Spray. I applied Regis Pomade in her hair as well to give it a texture and I especially used it on her natural hair. Reason being, I wanted it to bond with the weave. With it being really windy and us on top of a 30 story building, I didn't want it to flap around and for people to see the separation. Chantelle has thick natural hair (no relaxers or any other chemical treatments), which meant applying a little more heat to beat the tight curls down as well. We then pulled all the curls apart and teased it to make it more fuller.

No comments:

Post a Comment