hair, clothing, interior and events styled by bobbie yanoupeth








Thursday, November 12, 2009

hunting in the concrete jungle



Photos By: Alfred Espin
New York city is one of the most amazing cities that I have ever lived in. Yes, people say it all the time, but it honestly is a place of its own. The convenience of everything, the shopping, the delicious restaurants, all the beautiful people, and fall time in New York is the best!!!!

But as amazing as the city is, it can also be a dark place. Drugs, hustlers, streets piled with garbage and rats running rapid. This concrete jungle devours the weak.

Hairstyle:
I left the crown section of Shana's hair out. I used Regis Texturizing Cream on her sides to slick it into a tight ponytail. I also sprayed it down with Regis Volumizing Spray and used a dense boar bristle brush to snatch those sides and baby hairs.

I wrapped her ponytail with 18" weave. Then I applied some cream on this as well and created three large bun/pin curls type things and fastened it with bobby pins. There wasn't a real strategic way of doing it, I just played with it till I liked it. I then did the same with her bangs.

Instead of doing a regular pompadour, I wanted to create a little more interest in the front. So I teased it of course, to build some volume. I wanted the front to be cohesive and flow with the rest of the hair, so I rolled and pinned it down adjacently to the other buns.

No comments:

Post a Comment